The primary objective of this position is to represent claimants in an effort to obtain and/or maintain Social Security Disability in accordance with Social Security law and SSDC policies, procedures, and product specifications. Advocates are responsible for managing and developing their cases through all phases of the process in accordance with performance expectations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide excellent customer service by utilizing all available resources, including processes, procedures, and managers and by providing prompt, accurate service to claimants throughout process. This includes the professional representation of a claimant at a Social Security Disability Hearing.
- Research issues when necessary to determine appropriate resolution in order to meet expectations and/or obtain benefits for claimant.
- Ability to apply government benefits, account, and product information to specific situations in such a manner that the claimant fully understands the information provided and any necessary next steps.
- Develop medical, vocational, and other evidence in the support of a claim, as well as reviewing and submitting evidence to the Social Security Administration in accordance with law, policy, performance expectations, and customer contracts.
- Evaluate complex legal, medical, and technical issues to determine case strategy, which also includes the review of exhibit files; develop arguments and testimony in preparation for administrative law hearings.
- Manage case load appropriately, following processes and procedures, through closure.
- Responsible for additional tasks or responsibilities, as required based on the business need.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to successfully manage a large and demanding caseload requiring multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical needed for case management system and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of the Social Security administration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to multi task
- Ability to receive direct payment from SSA due to being an attorney or SSA recognized EDPNA
At least 2 years managing a large SSDI caseload
An Advocate may travel up to 50% of the time.
- Requires reliable transportation
- Ability to rent and drive rental car
- Ability to fly or drive anywhere in the US
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation, including drug screening and credit check
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. SSDC Services will require proof of work authorization
SSDC Services Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or marital status.
Please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Please include a contact phone number, an email address, and the best time to contact you. No calls please.
Organization: SSDC Services
28125 Cabot Drive, Suite 201
Novi, MI 48377
NOSSCR Member: Bonnie Donahue