- Social Security
- Legal Resources
Google for Social Security Advocates
- Precise keyword search (use quotation marks for phrases; keywords are never case sensitive):
- "residual functional capacity"
- rfc "residual functional capacity"
- Option: Uncheck "search socialsecurity.gov only" for a full web search
- Other Search Options and tips:
- Use filetype:pdf [filetype:doc, filetype:xls, etc.] and keyword(s) to return results matching the specified file type and keyword(s):filetype:pdf obesity
- Use * for wildcard searches: disab* returns results for disability, disabling, etc.
- Note: socialsecurity.gov is a good typing shortcut for socialsecurity.gov
- Social Security is slow to post the latest CFR printing of its regulations, issued each April by the Government Printing Office. Check the current GPO version of the regulations at ecfr.gpoaccess.gov.
- Even a current regulation may be obsolete, since Social Security is slow to conform its regulations to changes in the Act. For example: In September 2010, the Title II regulations on stepchild benefits were revised to reflect statutory changes in 1996. You will need to corroborate that the regulation is consistent with the most recent statutory provision.
Social Security and Income Tax:
We also offer general guidance on Social Security Disability Insurance and Federal Income Tax. Note that this should not be used as tax advice in individual cases. Taxpayers should seek guidance from competent tax professionals.