NOSSCR is a pioneer in legal education and advocacy for people with disabilities. Our national network of Social Security claimants’ representatives provides valuable resources to those who specialize in Social Security disability benefits, including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). We want to assist you in providing the highest quality representation for your clients.
Join NOSSCR Today
To mail in a form instead, click here.
If you are ready to join NOSSCR, and if you wish to participate in our lawyer referral service for NOSSCR members, we invite you to learn more about our two levels of membership.
As you consider NOSSCR membership, we encourage you to read the NOSSCR bylaws and take a look at our testimonials.
- Stay Current
- We publish a monthly newsletter, the Social Security Forum, with the latest developments in the Social Security Administration, federal courts, federal legislation, Congress, and legal practice. (Click here to view a sample past issue.)
- We send you real-time email alerts of relevant news, events, policy changes, legislative proposals, and other developments of interest.
- We provide free access to the most up-to-date list of what each state charges for medical records.
- We provide you with access to a research clearinghouse of sample briefs and decisions.
- Learning Opportunities
- Practice Assistance
- We will assist you with difficult research problems, including those related to your cases.
- We offer a referral service for attorneys in private practice who maintain malpractice insurance.
- We offer assistance obtaining certain delayed Title II fees from SSA.
- We provide a number of Social Security legal resources including briefs, case citations, memoranda of law, questionnaires, and more, at a substantial discount.
- We run a NextGen listserv and networking events for members who are under 40-years-old OR have less than ten years of experience in this field.
- Advocacy Efforts
- We advocate to legislators on your behalf and maintain an Office of Government Affairs in Washington, DC.
- We run a PAC that is only open to member contributions.
- We submit amicus briefs in Supreme Court cases that directly impact our members and their clients.
- We regularly write letters to congress, sign-on to letters from like-minded organizations, and more.
*All discounts are steeper for Sustaining Members. To see the different kinds of membership, click here.
All members must attend at least one hour of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) on ethics annually. If you haven’t attended such a program, we invite you to order an online ethics webinar through NOSSCR’s online continuing education store.