Why Work Here?
Most attorneys list the ability to help people as one of the reasons they went to law school. At Parmele Law Firm, our attorneys impact clients’ lives by showing compassion to people often unserved in the legal community and providing zealous advocacy in pursuit of their disability benefits. Along the way, we take time to celebrate at firm retreats, compete in friendly firmwide competitions, and learn about each other through weekly employee highlights.
Parmele Law Firm is seeking an attorney to join our team.
Parmele Law Firm is seeking a licensed attorney or soon-to-be licensed law school graduate to work as an associate attorney in its hearings departments. A successful applicant will:
· (1) prepare clients for administrative hearings;
· (2) advocate for clients at administrative hearings; and
· (3) write administrative appeals to the Appeals Council.
These responsibilities require strong organizational skills, communication skills, and legal analysis. This position will also include screening potential clients to determine eligibility and whether to engage in representation.
· Active attorney license in Missouri or Kansas or a willingness to acquire within a month of employment (required)
· Strong writing skills (required)
· Strong organizational skills (required)
· The ability to handle a high volume of work proficiently (required)
· A background in Social Security Disability law or appellate work is helpful but not required.
· Desired Experience: 1 to 3 years
To apply, please upload a resume and writing sample: https://parmelelawfirm.apscareerportal.com/j/01mgus4.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is salaried. Salary will be based on the applicant’s experience in Social Security disability law. Parmele Law Firm pays competitive wages based on similar positions.
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Parmele Law Firm pays for your CLE training and all attorney registrations
· Parmele Law Firm pays for your malpractice insurance
About Parmele Law Firm:
At Parmele Law Firm, we use our knowledge of disability law, along with our compassionate hearts, to zealously advocate for our clients and inspire hope in our community. We are a growing law firm with offices throughout Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Arkansas and Oklahoma. We are a leader in our field of Social Security Disability and Veteran’s Compensation law.
NOSSCR member: Daniel Parmele